Darling Butterfly

Followers

3/07/2013

Happy Birthday to you

     It's a new challenge at the Outlawz and this sketch was pretty easy. I knew I was going to use this image  because of it being tall and sort of narrow it's perfect. Yaaa....I know, it's another birthday card, but there are so many birthdays in our lives you can never have to many on hand.


     And this is one of my all time fave LOTV stamps, "Teddy Flower"  I totally love this lil guy with his giant flower, he's just adorable!!! All their stamps are, makes it so hard to choose which ones to own right away and which ones can wait, LOL!!


     Once I picked my background paper I tried to figure out what copic colours and distress inks would work with it. I love adding dimension to my images so I used two images to create that effect for this card. The flower is glued down in the centre with tiny pop dots glued close to centre to give the flower some depth, and the leaves are cut out and glued to the paper at the stem, then pop dotted in the centres and glued at the tips. The butterflies are glued in place with tiny pop dots keeping the wings elevated. For the sweet bear I cut out his head belly and fore foot excluding the ears and back foot.
     Copics used:  BG10  shadow
                           E34, 35 and 50 for the bear
                           R83 and 85   flower
                           YG 03 and 06   leaves
                           YR07 and C9 for the top butterfly
                            Y00 and R00 for lower butterfly

TH Distress Inks  scattered straw and spun sugar to do some inking on the main image edges and the side strips.
     So this sketch runs until next tuesday at midnight so if you get a chance come join us, we'd love to see how you interpret our sketches each week :)

Hope to see you soon, ty so much for stopping by my blog to see what I've been up to, please leave me a comment so I can check up on you too  :)  hugs

Cindy   :)  

4 comments:

  1. Cindy, I love your take on the sketch! Love the image, the popped flower, your wonderful coloring, pretty paper, and sparkly embellies! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a great job with the copics matching it up to the background paper. Good job TFS --C

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cindy, your card is so cute!!!
    Love the image and your coloring is perfect!
    I hope all is well with you and family.
    Hugs,Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, this is so cute! Love your colouring of this darling LOTV bear!

    Big Hugs,
    Elise

    ReplyDelete