Darling Butterfly

Followers

10/24/2011

My sisters birthday card

     Hello my crafty friend, ty for stopping by today. I am sharing the Birthday card I made for my sister. Her birthday was yesterday and unfortunately we live almost an hour away from each other and since I haven't been well this week was unable to visit her and give her this card. Yesterday was the first day I was in my craft room all week, man did I miss it :)  I love it in here!!!
     Anyway, since I couldn't visit we talked on the phone and I told her I was going to email a pic of it to her inbox at work so she could at least see it before she actually "see's" it. When I got up this morning I went straight to my email. YUP she replied...I knew she would, lol, and she was capital lettering everything, how much she loved it etc. etc. and she said that it brought tears to her eyes. Awwwwww, I didn't intend to make her cry! LOL That touched my heart...I love her so much!
     My sister has the strongest love of the combination of black and red. Every time I make something and show it to her she says OMG can you make me one of those....in black and red! LOL LOL And yes I usually oblige. She wants one of everything I make for her to keep and one to give away, LOL. She is my biggest admirer/supporter of my creations. She has a creative mind too but she doesn't have the time or the drive really to spend as much time as I do. This is my passion and I spend as much time as possible playing with all my toys, I have to, I have a huge investment in this room. LOL 

Sooo here's her card

Challenges I am entering this card into

CARD RECIPE:
 6X6 white card base.  I printed the sentiment off the computer, cut and mounted it to the base. Cut 2 black squares slightly smaller than the base and cut a hole in the centre of both with a Spellbinders Nestabilities die. I glued one to the base and set the second one aside. I glued pop dots all over the black part of the base. I then made and glued the rest to the piece I set aside and lgued it to the pop dots so the over hanging items would create a shadow.
 I made all the roses by hand using a 1" 5 petal flower punch by EKSuccess. The red swirls and green leafy branches are cut out from Sizzix dies and the butterflies are cut from the Butterflies Die-namics dies by My Favourite Things. The larger butterfly is actually solid, I used punches for the 2 circles sizes and the hearts.
 I cut two of each butterfly, using the die in the red/mustardy paper and once in black cs for the larger butterfly. For the smaller one, I traced the die, cut it out inside the trace line and glued it in between the two red ones. Before gluing the three pieces together for each I put double sided tape over the holes in the wings, glued together then dipped them in black glitter. Added the gems to their bodies and the swirly pearls under them. The larger butterfly is pop dotted up off the card. All the red gems are heart shaped.

     I hope you enjoyed my little story and this card has inspired you to get crafty! If you like my card please leave me some love and let me know you dropped by today, and thank you so much for taking the time to look.
Cindy

3 comments:

  1. wonderful card hun, as always. Your sister is so very lucky to have you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, Love the handmade roses! I'm sure your sister is gonna love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! beautiful handmade roses :) your sister will love this card Thanks for joining us at wee memories .

    ReplyDelete