Darling Butterfly

Followers

3/02/2013

Happy 9th Birthday LOTV

     Who's LOTV?  you might ask! Its a 9 yrs young stamp company out of the U.K. called "Lili of the Valley" and their images are soooo adorable I just can't resist them! My very good friend from Germany, Maria :) got me hooked on these images and I just love them. So does she, I'd say she is addicted and I'm totally convinced I am too, but that's ok cause we are addicted together!!! LOL LOL
     She purchased my first set and two singles for me for this past Christmas (she's so sweet and kind) and I have been enjoying playing with them and experimenting with different ways to colour them. Copics, distress inks, prismacolour markers/crayons, it doesn't matter what medium you choose, they are fantastic to colour and these images make the most adorable cards.
     They have a wide selection to choose from, something perfect for every occasion  and for every one's favourite things in life. From sports to cooking, to ballet to.... well you get the picture!! :)
     O.K. Why am I telling you this? Well, because Sat. Mar. 2nd is their 9th Birthday celebration and their havin' a P-A-R-T-Y!!!! Go here for all the deets!!

     As part of the celebration they are having a card competition and I figured since I have some of their awesome stamps I would like to enter a card. I'm glad I'm not competing against the DT though, those ladies got some serious talent goin' on and I'm kind of new to all this distress ink painting and copic colouring etc. But I figure the only way to learn and try to climb the ranks with the experts is to practice practice practice. So that's what I did. I got busy working on a card for the competition.
     I didn't want it to be just any ordinary card though, I wanted something a bit different and thought about all the different styles of cards I have made before, but they all seemed to boring for this, I wanted to make  something different, hopefully something unique.  One of my favourite styles of cards is an easel card and I remember seeing some cards that were called twisted easel cards and then recently I saw a double twisted easel card and thought hmmmmm maybe I could do something like that, but different?!?!
     I started playing around with the paper trying to figure out how to make a "twisted" easel card then worked on coming up with something different from that design that I haven't seen before. After about 7 messed up designs trying to get the dimensions right and which way to cut and fold I came up with this, I'm not sure what to call it, maybe a double twisted triple easel card? I worked on this card for over 12 hrs trying to get it right and then when it was done I was so happy with it that I had an idea to make another style with even more detail to it, but unfortunately I didn't have a chance to make it for this competition so my original will have to do :) I hope you like it, and I hope they do to!! :)




     This card also opens like a regular card and I decorated the inside to take a pic but I accidentally deleted it not realizing that until after I already signed it and sent it off to a friend.(thinking I was going to get the other version made) :( Oh well, when I do make the other version I have in my head I'll take a pic then and hopefully not do the delete thing again, sometime's I just don't know what I am thinking, LOL  If I'm lucky (which I'm not, lol) and get chosen to be a GD for LOTV some day... I'll  make that other version I am thinking of, or maybe come up with something totally different. haaa which is most likely, cause if I don't make the other one soon I'll forget to, lmbo!!
     Wish me luck....the prize for the random winner is 9 stamps and ohh my gosh I sure would love to be the winner!!  Although I know Maria has already purchased a bunch more of these beauties for me, there are plenty more I am dying to not live without, so I'm sure my only problem will be deciding which one's to pick next, LOL 
     Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today, sry I've been MIA for so long but life and my body just hasn't been co-operating with me and what I want to do.  We are still trying to get the house ready for the market, we didn't make it this month, praying it will be by the end of March at the latest, but it certainly isn't an easy task, why on earth am I moving again, well I know why, but I can tell you if I had a choice I wouldn't be!! 
     Have a great day and don't forget to check out the party, go get your hands on some of these amazing stamps, you'll be sooo glad you did! They are having the party on Fb too, so if your a FB fan check them out here as well. P.S. they have FREE shipping!!! 
     Well I hope to see you soon!! Gonna have to tell my house and my body to leave me ALONE!!!!!  I have blogging to do!! LOL if that works I'll let you know so you can try it too, hehehe

Big inky hugs and glitter wishes to all my blogging buddies old and new <3
Cindy   
          :0)




7 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Cin!!
    I think it turned out very great!!
    Hugs,Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hun, your card is amazing and I´m so happy I got you addicted to them too :) You do such great work with all of your cards and their images. Watch out for more to come your way very soon. love you with all of my heart. big hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is such a gorgeous creation! Love your project and good luck with the competition! :)

    Big Hugs,
    Elise

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! This is amazing!! Great design! I hope you win> !Carri~Abusybee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good Morning sweetie...

    I love this your colours are perfect...

    Gorgeous creation as always...

    Huggles Pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful card, love the pop. Gonna have to try one of those these days. I just bought prisma colored pencils...can't wait to start playing with them. TFS --C

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this is lovely, love that shape! Thanks for your kind words on my Blog too. Judy x

    ReplyDelete