Darling Butterfly

Followers

12/28/2011

Wedding Cake in a Box

I just entered this project into the Fave Crafts Jan. Blog Hop. I get their emails regularly and was intrigued by  one of the articles in the email I received this morning so I went to check it out even closer. Welcome to the FaveCrafts Blog Hop, where you get to showcase your work! This month’s theme is Love is In the Air! Show us your coolest Valentine’s Day crafts, handmade anniversary and wedding gifts, and other love themed crafts that you’ve ever made (or make something new and blog about it for the occasion!). We want to see your handmade cards, gifts, decorations, and anything else you’ve made that is crafty and lovey-dovey.  
This month we’re giving away a prize to one lucky blog hop participant. Here’s how it works: recently we started using the “like” feature on our blog hops, meaning you can click to “like” someone’s project, much like you would on Facebook. For this month’s hop, the person whose project gets the most “likes” will win a prize! So link up and spread the word so your project gets voted up! The winner will receive a Flip Pal Mobile ScannerVoting and submissions end January 21st at 11:59 PM CST. The winner will be announced here on the FaveCrafts Blog. 
Now this is a way cool prize, I would be so excited to have a scanner that works :) especially a portable one! How fab is that. PLEASE pop over to http://www.favecraftsblog.com/january-blog-hop-love-is-in-the-air-crafts-giveaway and vote for MY project, I am number 5 and all you need to do is "Like" my project. If you want to get in on the fun with one of your fab projects let me know so I can "Like" your project! If you get a chance to vote for me, THANK  YOU to the moon and back!!  :)
                                                            Blog Hop Button January Blog Hop: Love is In the Air + Giveaway!
     Hello my crafty friend, so glad you popped by today for a visit. I wanted to share the surprise cake in a box card I made for my cousin and his wife's wedding. I tried to make the whole thing with one of my prized possessions....spellbinders dies! I usually make roses for my cakes from scalloped circles, and a quilling tool but they didn't have roses in their wedding, so I used prima's to make the carnation looking flowers on the lid and two EK success punches for the flowers on the cake.
     The cake circles are cut with spellbinders circle dies, Lg. #6, sm #5, and Lg. #3. I used the #4 scalloped heart on the inside flaps, and the new Classic Petal edge/decorative insert edgeabilities dies to make the fancy edges on the sides of the lid. I then used Lacy squares and classic squares to make the sentiment piece on top of the lid. I did a tutorial on this cake in a box a few months back, you can go here to check it out if you would like to make one or a few, LOL! I love making surprise cakes in a box for all occasions, they are so versatile. I have to warn you though, there's quite a few pics :) lol

I recut just the edge die in white, ran it through the xyron, stuck in place then glittered it with white MS glitter.











PLEASE VOTE FOR ME  :)
      I hope you can leave me a comment so I know you were here so I can visit your blog to leave you some love. :) If you make a surprise cake in a box, or anything else you would like to be in it, please let me know so I can come see your creation! Have a scrap happy day, and bust out those spellbinders dies :)

Cindy   :)

22 comments:

  1. Love it!!!!!!! Gorgeous creation.
    Hugs Nataliya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok I have to ask, how long did this project take you. Don't get me wrong, it's absolutely a beaut and worth it. My goodness it's awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely cake box Cindy! Thank you again for being a Spellbinders enthusiast! xo- Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous project! I can't believe there is a cake in there! That is soooo cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! This is just beautiful! What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OK, 2012 is officially the best year ever! This is spectacular!!! and I am so happy that I got to see one of your cakes (have I said how much I adore them, yet?)!!! So delicate, pretty, elegant and beautiful beyond compare. And each one so unique!!!!
    Gorgeous surprise for a couple!
    :O)
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful idea. Love it.

    Jumped over from Jessica's Craft Shaque ....glad I did ;0) New follower.

    Stop over and see my blog sometime....http://justbcreativecrazy.blogspot.com

    Be blessed, Beckie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! WOW!! W*O*W!!!!!! This is GORGEOUS!! I love everything about it!! The flowers on that beautiful cake are amazing!! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG, Cindy ... this cake box is ULTRA-gorgeous!!!! I came over to your blog after receiving your ocmment on my Love Bugs Banner (thank you!!), and now I am your newest follower AND admirer!! How in the world did you make such a beautiful project!!? I'm drooling!!!!! Cindy, we'll be having another banner hop for special kids for the Spring, sometime around Easter. I'd LOVE to have you join our group of fabulous, generous crafters. Please e-mail me if you'd like to join in the next fun ... I think we're pretty much set on a pattern of making banners 4x/year. (Halloween, Christmas, Valentine's and Spring/Easter). Would LOVE to have you, as well as any of your other crafty divas. SMOOCHES and prayers for you in your battles with chronic pain. xoxoxoxox

    Fondly,
    Ellen ♥ CardMonkey
    http://cardmonkey-business.blogspot.com
    E-mail: cardmonkey@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  10. Totally amazing. Beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome job!!It is sooo beautiful,I love all the pretty details!:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow!!! I have to say this is so super duper amazing!!
    Thanks for stopping over at my blog and leaving your sweet comment! I am now your new follower :)
    Want to trade projects?? I will make a bug banner if you make me one of these fab cake boxes?? Lol I do totally love it!!!
    Thanks again!!
    Your newest over the border follower :)
    Jessica
    Chick-n-scrap.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful! Great details on this!
    Carri~abusybee
    www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Blown away by your beautiful project. I just pinned it on pinterest so everyone could check out your talent. TFS and joining my blog. Cathie
    www.creativecutterroom.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is just beautiful inside and out.

    Lori m

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow this is simply gorgeous!! I love all the wonderful details on this. I hopped over from the "Blends Blogaversary Celebration" with your link to your site. I will be following your blog now, that way I won't miss any of your fab creations!!
    (:(:Smiles:):)

    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! I am blown away by this, I want to get married again and invite you so I can get one!! :) So elegant
    Marji
    fstampaholic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. VOTE!!! Amazing Cindy!!! I may be after you for one of these....my best friend is getting married this summer! GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Cindy, this is GORGEOUS!!! OMG - I can't believe you did this! Wow! LOVE IT!!! Thumbs up and you have my vote!!! ~ Maggie (littlekisses, RMH-2004)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh my goodness me, this is absolutely fabulous Cindy. I'm voting for you. hugs Sharon x

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a great idea - LOVE IT HOPE YOU WIN

    ReplyDelete