Darling Butterfly

Followers

11/28/2011

I love snowmen

     Given the Season, the challenges are looking to the holiday season and a lot of challenges are looking for Christmas cards or what ever holiday your looking forward tooo. The Paper a la  Mode challenge at The Outlawz called for one this week. I made the snowmen a couple weeks ago which are from a bosscut die set, but I made a template to run through the die so the face won't cut out so I could use my Peachy Keen stamps for the faces. I keep a couple tins with cuts that I don't use when I cut them for one reason or another and in there I found the three trees I cut quite sometime ago with my cricut from one of my Christmas carts, like 2 yrs I think! And the string of lights were also in a baggie so they wouldnt get wrecked while waiting for a permanent home on a card. They are cut from a die that came in my 2008 Quickutz holiday die set. I put dimensional glue on the bulbs and then coloured with gel pens. All I had to do was figure out how to use these items to make a card and decided to make a scene. I found some background paper that kind of looks like a snowy night and cut two strips of white card stock uneven to look like hills and valleys.  Added snow write to the trees and the snowy ground. the middle tree and snow people are pop dotted for dimension. I really like making scene cards and how this one turned out. :)
 Challenges

3 comments:

  1. I love snowmen also, this card is so sweet, adorable, Hugs, Lori m

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aloha,
    This card is so adorable. I love the snowman. I am your newest follower. I hope you will visit me too.
    Big hugs,
    Rez
    Karezma Kreations

    ReplyDelete