Darling Butterfly

Followers

11/21/2011

Lest We Forget

     Thank you for stopping by today to see what I have been up to. I made this card for Remembrance day to honour all the men and women that lost their lives and for all the one's that came home. My grandfather was one of those that made it home safely and he was never able to talk about it. He tried to share a story with me once but he got very emotional which made him angry and said he'll never speak of it. The years that had passed since those horrific events didn't make the memories any less raw for him. I love him and miss him dearly, wish everyday that he was still here. We all called him Poppy, how fitting a name which came about when my cousin couldn't say grandpa so the nick name stuck.
     I also decided that I would enter this card into the Saturday's Paper a la mode challenge over at the outlaws to create a project to honour a veteran or veterans or the military. I bought the 3 poppies and went to work on my card. Used the stars cuttlebug embossing folder for the background paper, wrapped a grey ribbon around it and stuck the pins in the ribbon before attaching to the card. I drew and cut the cross, used a ribbon tag and hand cut out the little tag which I hooked a heart brad through.
Challenge

     I hope I have inspired you to be creative today, or just reminded you of a loved one you've lost either during or since the war and their memory brings some joy and gratitude to your heart for their sacrifice and our freedom. Have a great day being scrappy!!! 

Cindy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment