Darling Butterfly

Followers

11/21/2011

My Niece's 25th b-day card keepsake

     Hello my crafty friend, so glad you had time to pop by today and see what I have been up to. One  of my many niece's celebrated a milestone birthday on Nov. 9th so of course I had to make her a special card to celebrate. I play over at The Outlawz and there was a challenge asking for raspberry, white and black, plus use either houndstooth or gingham designer paper. I knew I had gingham and thought I had houndstooth paper but not sure what colour I had. As it turned out I didn't have a single sheet of that pattern in any colour what so ever, sooo I created my own!
     I knew I had the cuttlebug houndstooth embossing folder by provo craft because I seen it on sale on line for less than $3.00 and just couldn't let the sale pass me buy even though I'm not a fan of this pattern. Glad I had this in my embossing folder drawer for this challenge though, and I rather love the way it turned out. I think Easel cards are so awesome and unique cards and thought it would be perfect for this milestone card I wanted to make.
     I cut out the base for the card in white and did all the scoring and set it aside. Cut out the mat for my image in black, traced the inside of the die on gingham and cut it out to make the image background. I found a piece of raspberry coloured cs, cut two rectangles to attach below and above the centre score line on the front of the card base. Ran the rectangles through the cuttlebug in the houndstooth folder and ran my brayer over it with black ink to create houndstooth designer paper. Coloured my image, which is not purple by the way, and the hat and purse are a deeper shade of pink. Made a few of my paper roses and did some shaping of the leaves for the decorating around the bottom of the image mat. Added a few rasp pearls and a butterfly from the $ store. Decorated the inside of the card to create the inside sentiment to match :) The card can be stood up like a regular card of set up in the easel format and it looks great either way. I sent pics of the card to my niece as we couldn't make it to her b-day supper and cake that evening. She replied with her initial reaction that she loved the card, thank you so much, then asked if she would be able to bring it home sometime or if I keep these specialty cards. Of course she can take it home, I can make another one, and I am going to for my other niece that turned 25 this yr.

Challenges
     This card was sooo much fun to make, I can't wait to make the other one for my niece :) Thank you for stopping by my blog today and I hope I inspired you to get creative. I would love to know what you think of my card and if you have made one like this or if you are now planning on making one like it. Have a great day and happy scrapping!

Cindy  :)

2 comments:

  1. This is absolutely beautiful! Thanks for playing along with us this week at My Craft Spot!

    Aymee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is absolutely gorgeous!! The flowers are just beautiful! Thanks for joining the fun at My Craft Spot!

    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete