Darling Butterfly

Followers

2/23/2012

A birthday card

     My aunt's mother in law celebrated her 85th birthday this month. She is a very sweet lady who loves the colour purple and I enjoy making her special cards for special occasions, she seems to really enjoy them. I also had to make a card for my DT challenge over at The Outlawz. I design for the weekly  sketch challenge that falls on the Wednesday each week, and figured I'd use the sketch to make this card.
The sketch

     We have a new challenge starting every day and lots of great prizes per month. We also have a freebie challenge where you will receive your free digi's and you are required to make at least one card with your fave digi within the two weeks allowed in order to receive the next set of free digi's. Everyone is super friendly, and helpful, you will have a lot of fun and meet so many awesome crafty friends :)
     For my card I used some paper from a kit I got about 4 yrs ago but I don't know the name of it, sry. I used a  spellbinders lacy oval for my stamped image, coloured it, then added a touch of purple to the oval by running the ink pad over it gently. The image is from Viva Decor....flowers and butterflies. I used a piece of ribbon to attach the oval to the card front, made a bow and added a few dew drops to the card, I also stamped Happy Birthday on the card but didn't retake the picture to reflect that. :)  Hope you like my card!
My interpretation :)
     I would like to thank you for dropping by and checking out my card today. I hope you leave me a comment so I know you were here, and I can come over and see what you have been up to lately. :) Have a scrap happy kind of day, see you soon!

Cindy   :)

4 comments:

  1. Lovely card Cindy - great colouring on the rose :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great interpretation of the sketch

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is very pretty! The flowers look amazing!
    Carri~abusybee
    www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete