Darling Butterfly

Followers

11/21/2011

Peachy Keen Thanksgiving card

     Peachy Keen Connection asked us to make a "Thankful" card or project. I made two cards, one was a snow woman juggling snow balls that had letters on them spelling out "Snow Many Thanks" for my BFF and this cute little penguin easel card.
     My aunt placed a nice size order from PK a few months back and brought them to my house and left them here for me to use...YAY! I got this idea in my head and kind of chuckled about it then thought, why not....it's cute. I used the penguin stamp on a plain white classic oval spellbinders die then mounted it on a lacy oval. Made a 4X4 easel card base, added some dp and assembled. For the penguin I coloured his body, hat and feet with gel pens. Added opague glitter glue to the hat trim and stamped the image again on dp, cut out the vest and glued in place. Made a fancy die cut for the hand written sentiment and pop dotted it off the base. I didn't win the prize but I did get a couple laughs and compliments on this card, what more can I ask for :)
     So grateful that you stopped by my blog today to check out what I have been up to. If you like this card please let me know and leave a comment for me, I sooo look forward to your comments, they encourage me to make more fun cards to show you. If I put a smile on your face or a feeling of warmth in your heart then I am happy, because it's better to give than to receive and if it makes you happy for a few moments then I know you weren't sad, and that means a lot to me. Have a scrap happy day and take care.

Cindy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment