Darling Butterfly

Followers

12/12/2011

Peachy Keen Stamps Challenge #66

     Hello my crafty friend, ty so much for stopping by to check out my blog today. I just finished making this Christmas card to add to my stash and I followed this sketch from the latest Tuesday Peachy Keen Challenge #66. I love to combine my PK stamps with my spellbinders dies and other dies I have collected over the last four yrs. This is the sketch we were to follow....we can move things around and add others as long as we keep the main elements and they are apparent in our design.
The prize this week is this Valentine Cupids set that is just so darling. I hope they like my entry and I really hope Mr. Linky picks my number, LOL! Since Valentine's day is the next big card giving holiday I really could use this set, it's soooo cute!!!
Here's my card  
(close up pics below)

       I used PK-M21 Donna Rae Penguin for my main image, cause she's so so cute. I paper pieced the fur on her hat, her vest, and her arms.  The pockets on her vest, the fur on her hat and the sentiment sign are popped up.  The strings of lights are from a quickutz 2008 limited edition holiday set. (retired die, now lifestyle crafts) I coloured them and layered 2 rows, the top row is popped up. Her eyes and feet and light bulbs are covered with glossy accents. I used toothpicks for the poles of her sign she's carrying. I cut out a spellbinders Label 10 (love this shape) to layer her on, and I cut the bottom fancy edge off. After cutting it out and running it through to emboss I used a glue pen to go around the embossed edge then poured on silver glitter. The background designer paper is called Snowy Day by Sandylion sticker designs 2003. Really pretty paper and I'm almost out of it, hope I can find some more! The sentiment is stamped and then heat embossed in red. The holly leaves are cut from a quikutz retired die that has the bow, leaves and berries on the same die. I added red seed beads for the berries. I cut the spellbinders ribbon banner twice to make the banner appear longer, then cut the ends and tucked in under the popped up banner. Quickutz are now called lifesytle crafts and you can find their products here!  



     Challenges
    Thank you for dropping by and I hope you found some inspiration to get crafty today! If you liked my card please leave me a comment so I can swing by your blog, say hello and leave you some love. I hope you have a safe and happy holiday season, drop by again soon, I love visitors!!

Cindy   :)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Cindy! This card is so adorable! Thanks for all of your sweet comments on my blog! Good luck with the PK challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Cindy,
    Very cute, who ever receives this card will be very happy. Good luck

    ReplyDelete