Darling Butterfly

Followers

11/20/2011

Stained Glass Easel card

     Hi there my crafty friend, ty for stopping by. I have been saving the outer pkging from spellbinders dies and cricut carts etc. And find all kinds of uses for them on all different kinds of projects. A couple years ago I read about a stained glass technique using parchment paper where you stamp your image on one side and colour it on the other. The colours come through and make a lovely stained glass effect but the colours are soft, not rich and vibrant. When I make Christmas cards I like the colours to be rich and vibrant sometimes and stained glass is a technique that I feel should accompany the season. It reminds me of Sunday morning service and looking at all the stained glass windows that were so beautifully crafted and tell a story.
     Now my cards don't necessarily tell a story but they are rich and vibrant! I had the idea to try this technique with a piece of the pkging and I thought it turned out awesome so I set to making several cards in this unique fashion. For this card however I had to print the image onto a sheet of acetate since it was a digital image by Anne Fenton over at The Outlawz. Anne and Sandi Hugget have started a new series of challenges that run for 2 - 3 wks each. They supplied us with the first 4 amazing images and we were asked to make anything we wanted then share with them in the challenge to receive the next set of images. I think everyone that participated entered at least one project for each image, and the beautiful creations just kept coming.
     For my first project I decided on an easel card. I printed the image, turned it over to colour it in then filled in those colours with stickles and glitter glue. I let it dry over night then incorporated into my card with the stickles to the back so it is smooth and flawless looking on the front. I think this technique looks really pretty and used it on the next 3 images. Here's my first card....

Challenges

     I hope I gave you an idea of a different technique to use on your projects while recycling at the same time. If you like this idea let me know by leaving me a comment, it really makes me happy to read what you think of my idea and I would love to see what you make with this technique, so come back and leave me a link to your blog so I can check it out and follow you to.

Cindy  :)

1 comment:

  1. Elegant and classy! Love the new technique and the hint of sparkle. Such a beautiful Christmas card! xx

    ReplyDelete